There is a reason we are so passionate about coaching you in your health. There is a reason our coaches hold you accountable for coming to your sessions, and a reason we’re committed to providing you with world-class trainer/client relationships, a fun environment, and the best community. There is a reason we give hugs, give InBody scans, and make sure the best nutritional lines are at your access…
“A man who has his health has a thousand dreams. But a man who has no health, has only one.”
Here at Fitness Quest 10, we are determined not just to improve your fitness… but to improve your LIFE. And as the quote suggests, an infinitely possible life starts with your health. As we transition further into 2019, we want to focus on the health of your HEART. Here are a few tips to get you started— ALL of which, are great for your heart:
#1 Get your Heart Right
If you’re anything like us, you like competition. And if you’re human… you need accountability. Get your heart right by competing with yourself (as well as others on the board) and become BETTER by wearing a MyZone belt. MyZone monitors heart rate, calories, and time exercising. Best of all, it measures EFFORT rather than your fitness. That means you can actually SEE your heart WORKING and getting BETTER. How cool is that?!
All-In effort is the key to health & success and MyZone helps us honestly track that effort. Your heart responds to EFFORT… and effort needs FUEL! Fuel your body with the proper nutrients to support both your fitness goals and the health of your heart! Here are some great options to add to your daily menu:
1. Leafy Green Vegetables are amazing for your heart. Vegetables like Spinach, Kale, and Collard Greens are well-known for their wealth of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Such as Vitamin K, which helps protect your arteries and promote proper blood clotting!
2. Almonds are healthy source of unsaturated fat (the GOOD fat). Not only is this type off at good for your heart, It actually BOOSTS serotonin (the chemical in your body that makes you happy), which allows you to sleep better at night.
3. Berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries are jam-packed with antioxidants. Antioxidants protect against stress by decreasing inflammation in the body that contributes to heart disease!
4. Avocados are also an excellent source of heart-healthy fats, which contribute to reducing levels of cholesterol- lowering risk of heart disease.
5. Fish like Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, and Tuna are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids which have been studied extensively for their heart-health benefits. It was found that eating fish over the long term was linked to lower levels of total cholesterol, fat in the blood, blood sugar, and blood pressure.
If you would like further help in the area of nutrition, our great friend Jimmy at the Meal Prep Co. would love to talk with you about your needs and goals. Need someone else to cook for you & make sure you are consuming ALL of the best heart-healthy foods? They deliver to FQ10!
#2 Get Your Mind Right
What are you reading? Who are you hanging out with? What are you listening to? When it comes to getting your mind right, ALL of these things are important. If what you are feeding your MIND does not have the ingredients of LOVE, MOTIVATION, SUCCESS, KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, or just flat out POSITIVITY… you are not giving it the nutrients it needs to function at it’s best. And if we are not actively feeding ourselves these things… we are most likely consuming fear, negativity, and complacency instead. In order to to have a heart that is motivated to take action and be our BEST, we must start by feeding it with great thoughts. Do this through books, podcasts, and GREAT community.
Our owner Todd Durkin’s WOW Book has 52 stories to feed your mind, spirit and soul. Pick it up at the gym or have it delivered it to your door by ordering it here. A GREAT first step is to also tune into Todd’s FREE “MindRight Maniac” series every Monday morning!
#3 Get your Body Right
If your heart is the engine, your body is the Ferrari! What is your fitness routine like right now? Are you working with a personal trainer? Great! Try Pilates too. Doing Pilates? Awesome! Hop into a “TD Fitness” class as well. Are you using this amazing San Diego City to it’s FULL capacity— getting outside for a hike, running/walking on the beach, or hitting the pavement with your bike? “Winning” your health and fitness often means getting into a state of PLAY! When you mix up your routine, you keep your mind engaged, your spirit soaring, and your heart happy. Trust us, your body will thank you!
Are you investing in your RECOVERY? Recovery is the very reason we are able to perform at our highest capacity. Add yoga classes into your week, foam roll between training sessions, or book a 30 minute F.S.T (Facial Stretch Therapy) session or a 30 minute Massage!
#4 Make Someone ELSE’S Heart Happy
One of our FAVORITE ways to make a heart healthy… is by making someone ELSE’S heart happy! Don’t forget that massage Gift Certificates are ALWAYS available and sure to put a smile on someone face. Stop by the front desk or call 858.271.1171 for more information!
Your Fitness Quest Family
P.S. All of our hands our busy right now, and we’re looking for an extraordinary massage therapist to join our World-Class team! Know someone? Forward this post to them or share this link! We would be so grateful.