|TD's Recommended Reading List|
1. Good to Great (Jim Collins)—This is one of my all time favorites for anyone that runs a business. Put the right person, on the right seat, on the right bus; bigger isn’t always better, and the list goes on and on…READ IT!!!
2. Winning (Jack Welsh)—If you own a business, lead people, or want to develop your leadership skills, this is also one of my all-time favorites.
3. 7 Habits of Highly Successful People (Stephen Covey)—If you breathe air, you need to read this book. All people on earth should read it. Business or Motivation!!!
4. Rich Dad, Poor Dad (Robert Kiyosaki)—Kiyosaki’s philosophy enlightens you to look at money, investments, and financial prudence in an enlightening way. I would consider this a must for you if you are looking to increase your financial savvy. It helped formulate some of my early philosophies on financial wisdom.
5. The E-Myth (Michael Gerber). If you are in business, than you need a system. There is no better book on systems than Gerber. Get it, read it, re-read it, APPLY it!
6. Whale Done (Blanchard). Leadership. I love all of Blanchard’s books because they are simple, lots of stories, and motivating.
7. The Leadership Challenge—For anyone leading a team of people
8. The 7 Irrefutable Rules of Small Business Growth (Steven Little)
9. The Rules of Management (Richard Templar)
1. Release…A Wilderness Adventure of the Soul (Daren Wride). This is a 2 week adventure in which readers are confronted with their own pain, dreams, and stunning personal potential. Although I normally don’t prefer fiction, this book is enlightening and I enjoyed the read very much as it dealt with experiencing the full release of your amazing potential. (click here to purchase)
2. Think & Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill). This is a book that once again, if you breathe, you should read. It’s on business, life, you name it, it applies. It is one of my all time favorites. Mindset baby, MINDSET. It’s a must!!!
3. The Secret. This book & DVD sum up my philosophy about life—“Your Thoughts become Reality”. Surround yourself with a Mastermind Group, read great books, listen to motivational CD’s and teleseminars, set up a positive environment, etc. so that you can get The Secret. Your thoughts are the powerful driving force behind a great attitude and Attitude is Everything!
4. Wealth Matters (Chris Snook)—You have a choice in life to fulfill your destiny. Chris Snook has a great way of motivating, educating, and inspiring you to focus on some critical aspects of life, such as prosperity and finding your passion. (click here to purchase)
5. The Power of Full Engagement (Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz)—For anyone looking to improve energy, connections, and improve overall performance in work or life. Therefore, it’s for everyone!!
6. I Feel Great and You Will Too (Pat Croce). A motivating, inspiring read how this eccentric owner of the Philadelphia 76ers built up enough physical therapy facilities to eventually sell it and live out his dream of someday owning a pro sports team.
7. The One Minute Millionaire (Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen)—I love these authors (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
Personal Trainer/Massage Therapy Business
1. Burnout (Chris Snook). If you are a personal trainer, this is a great read to prevent your passion from burning out. (Click here to purchase)
2. Train to Win (Martin Rooney)—Martin is a stand-out personal trainer that shares magnificent stories about how training & exercise have so much in common with the bigger picture in life. A great, easy read that I highly recommend for trainers as well as anyone looking to be inspired. (Click here to purchase)
3. Hiring, Training, & Keeping Master Personal Trainers (Sheri & Alex McMillan). I love these 2 people. They are true leaders in the field. All of their products are great. This particular manual was helpful for me when switching my independent contractors to employees, designing a compensation package, benefits package, interview questions, etc. They really did a great job with this. If you are a studio owner, I highly suggest this product.
For more information on videos, equipment, nutrition, and more