|Get Away From the Desk!|
The following question was answered by Doug Balzarini, BS, CSCS, ACE-certified personal trainer at Fitness Quest 10.
I sit at a desk all day, how can I infuse fitness into my work day?
Here are 8 quick tips to get the “juices flowing” at the office.
1. Self massage: especially on the tight muscles of your neck and shoulders
2. Stretch: stand up and stretch your legs, back, forearms and hands
3. Strength Exercises: perform a set of pushups and dips on your desk
4. Cardio Break: leave your cubicle and walk around the building for some fresh air
5. Delivery: walk to someone’s office instead of sending an email or phone call
6. Water: every time you get water, use the furthest fountain to fill up
7. Restroom break: next time you have to “go”, use the restroom on a different floor
8. Breathe: sometimes all it takes is a few deep, relaxing breathes to rejuvenate yourself.